Vote ur fav web tools

Any problem with PHP can be disscused here
Lithium

Post by Lithium »

Notepad. I usually take advantage of XHTML, CSS, XML, XSL (XSLT/XSL-FO/XPath), and some JavaScript. I stay away from Dreamweaver, Fontpage/Expressions, and such programs. I like to write my own code which is exactly how I want it and does not have any excess, any useless code that takes space and could be trimmed. It lets me have complete control. When I don't know how to do something, I read through the w3schools website. This way, if I do it once, I'll always remember how to do it and will simply need to refresh my mind by going to the w3schools website, while Dreamweaver doesn't let you learn. Finally, Dreamweaver limits the possibilities, unless you learn the in and outs of the program which takes a while, and in which case you might as well spend the same amount of time learning the actual code.

When I say Dreamweaver, I mean any program like it. By no means have I tried them all, but I say this after having experienced Dreamweaver and Frontpage. This is how I feel about it and how things work for me; might not work the same for everyone.

thetarget

Post by thetarget »

Lithium wrote:Notepad. I usually take advantage of XHTML, CSS, XML, XSL (XSLT/XSL-FO/XPath), and some JavaScript. I stay away from Dreamweaver, Fontpage/Expressions, and such programs. I like to write my own code which is exactly how I want it and does not have any excess, any useless code that takes space and could be trimmed. It lets me have complete control. When I don't know how to do something, I read through the w3schools website. This way, if I do it once, I'll always remember how to do it and will simply need to refresh my mind by going to the w3schools website, while Dreamweaver doesn't let you learn. Finally, Dreamweaver limits the possibilities, unless you learn the in and outs of the program which takes a while, and in which case you might as well spend the same amount of time learning the actual code.

When I say Dreamweaver, I mean any program like it. By no means have I tried them all, but I say this after having experienced Dreamweaver and Frontpage. This is how I feel about it and how things work for me; might not work the same for everyone.
Cool. Moreover, we can do our own 'canned codes', thus increase automation and efficiency
jasondsouza

Post by jasondsouza »

thetarget wrote:Cool. Moreover, we can do our own 'canned codes', thus increase automation and efficiency
welll I think you're rite in a way... but once you have learned them welll... why waste writting all of it rather than just **** and doing your stuff..
--jasondsouza
ME working on a very new site. (Coming soon)
Come to my web Site
Flipper3

Post by Flipper3 »

I use Notepad. I have never used anything else other than Frontpage and we were forced to use Frontpage when I was in 6th grade. I hated Frontpage and just like the plain, Notepad way. :D
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Yes, notepad is good because it can edit any kind of script, as long as it doesnt need a compiler. Also, what is a 'canned code'?
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

canned code <- a can of codes
can <-- eg can tuna
Lithium

Post by Lithium »

thetarget wrote:canned code <- a can of codes
can <-- eg can tuna
ha lol

and ya, I recycle me code too. I just make a template for a page of my site, and when I want a new page I just duplicate the file and edit one or two things in it for content. And voila!
jasondsouza wrote:welll I think you're rite in a way... but once you have learned them welll... why waste writting all of it rather than just **** and doing your stuff..
Once you have learned the code/language, it becomes as easy as **** buttons. Plus you know exactly what you want, how you want to do it, and how that method will **** your site in terms or functionality, interactivity, etc.

Often, once we've made the site and it's done, making a new page is simply duplicating a 'template' file that already has the code and simply needs content. When you build your site from the ground up in Notepad you can organize however you want, and if you're smart, you can make it in ways so that all you need to do later is duplicate a template and add the content, in order to increase efficiency and decrease the need for constant coding/'developing'. No need to even **** buttons.
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

I agree with you, but how do you expect people to make a new page without **** 1 button? Everything in Windows is controlled by buttons!
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
csoftdev

Post by csoftdev »

I use mainly zend studio and vi if I am on linux and lazy to launch up zend.
e-campus

Post by e-campus »

Hmmm.. DreamWeaver And Flash ;)