PhP Forum creation

Any problem with PHP can be disscused here
Troglart

PhP Forum creation

Post by Troglart »

heya, ive never really made a php forum active on a website before, i was wondering if once i have my first account if someone would help me set up a php forum

iPod Wizard

Post by iPod Wizard »

It should be easy, as it already does it for you in your Cpanel X in the Fantastico section...
mohumben

Post by mohumben »

Hm, what you mean?

If you want to WRITE a forum system... Well, it's a little complicated, but it's not rocket science. In fact, I think people should try to develop apps by themselves sometimes :)

Now, installing a forum is very easy. You can use cPanel or Fantastico but I really don't recommend them, but it's the easiest way.

Or you can simply download the forum files, upload them following the folder structure (use some FTP program like CuteFTP to do this), set the CHMOD's correctly and run the installer.

Code: Select all

define('I_LOVE_PHP', true);
amr12391

Post by amr12391 »

Making your own forum system by yourself can take you months and months! its almost impossible.. i think youd be better off just downloading a system and uploading it...
In war there a only 2 things that should matter to you.

1. Your Life
2. And Your Friends/Brothers (If Any)

But... what do you do if you are surronded by nazis and your squad is almost all dead?

RUN BITCH RUN!!!
Valiantheart

Post by Valiantheart »

There's a wide range for you to choose from. So, give them a try and see which one you prefer ;)
Lixas

Post by Lixas »

amr12391 wrote:Making your own forum system by yourself can take you months and months! its almost impossible..
:D lol you are wrong! I've done it in two evening of programming. Yes, its is nots super duper forum, but it has simple administration, quotes, phpBB support, smilies. And what else do you need for home made forum ? :) so, you are wrong, it is possible, because i've done it, done it all alone, by myself, noone helped me. :D

But if you realy need profesional forum software, i could suggest you phpBB or SMF both are free. Use search engines to find them :)
good luck
zzxxcc

Post by zzxxcc »

some hosts automatically have phpBB.
Its somewhere in the cPanel or in the modules.
Who stole my sig???
Clich HERE to play Lords.
renhai

Post by renhai »

installing a forum is very easy. You can use cPanel or Fantastico !
see the index ,setup by setup!