Disk space and CHMOD issue

All the members needing any kind of help for cpanel can discuss here.

Moderator: Lixas

jokovic

Disk space and CHMOD issue

Post by jokovic »

cPanel Issue #1

I have recently deleted the two installations of Wordpress from my account, so my disk space usage should be almost nil.
Although my disk space **** is showing 43.25 MB usage in "Other Usage".
This means that the files using the disk space are outside my root folder, which I dont have access to.
Therefore, I request SHAdmin to delete these files.

cPanel Issue #2

I had tried installing a Wordpress theme. The theme worked prefectly fine except that the sliders and images werent showing up. I checked with the theme's **** and it showed that CHMOD permission of Image Cache folder (/wp-content/themes/striking/cache/) needed to be changed to 777.
Although when I changed the permission using the file manager tool and rechecked the site, it was still not working.
So, my question is, is there something that needs to be worked out from your side?

Kindly reply.

Thanks a lot!

SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

cPanel Issue #1
Once you delete any files through cPanel's file manager, they get temporarily moved into the trash folder. In the file manager itself you'll find a link saying "Empty trash". Once you **** on that, the files will be permanently deleted and you'll regain all your lost disk space.

cPanel Issue #2
Nope, nothing's required from the server end. Please refer to the **** provided by wordpress or the theme itself for further support.
jokovic

Post by jokovic »

SHAdmin wrote:cPanel Issue #1
Once you delete any files through cPanel's file manager, they get temporarily moved into the trash folder. In the file manager itself you'll find a link saying "Empty trash". Once you **** on that, the files will be permanently deleted and you'll regain all your lost disk space.

cPanel Issue #2
Nope, nothing's required from the server end. Please refer to the **** provided by wordpress or the theme itself for further support.
Firstly, I would like to thank you for the reply, SHAdmin!
Cpanel Issue #2 is indeed an issue with the theme.
But cPanel issue #1 is still unresolved as the trash folder in my account seems to be empty. And I had deleted the Wordpress installations using Fantastico itself. I would be really thankful if check my account status for what's wrong.
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Your disk space usage currently shows only 7MB!
jokovic

Post by jokovic »

SHAdmin wrote:Your disk space usage currently shows only 7MB!
Ohh..looks like it got sorted! It showed 50 MB a couple of hours ago...
Thanks a lot SHAdmin! I really appreciate your help!