The Star Wars Podcast Network

All the members having hosting their site on our servers can advertise their site here

NOTE :: All threads started here will appear only after the approval from SHAdmin.

What do you think of my site?

Bad
25%
Bad
50%
Bad
25%

Total votes: 4
tswpn

The Star Wars Podcast Network

Post by tswpn »

I have just finished (more or less) my new site called The Star Wars Podcast Network

It is a site to help and guide Star Wars podcasters as well as promote their podcasts. We aim to give Star Wars podcasters a place to communicate, get help and and interact with the rest of the Star Wars podcasting community.

breeze

Post by breeze »

My honest opinion is this:

You have the content, and that is the second most important thing. The first most important thing is the user interface - how the site looks and appeals to the user is poor. There is too much yellow and it looks like something out of 1998 (scary!). How about you have a rollover effect for those links (and the underlining of every link looks messy). Did you do this yourself or did you use an online site maker?
This is a message, a message from the all-mighty (me): You shall go here, you shall not complain: Breeze's Corner.
jeremy90

Post by jeremy90 »

yea, i have the same opion as the person above me...

there is just way to much yellow and it does not look well with all that yellow.
Ky

Re: The Star Wars Podcast Network

Post by Ky »

tswpn wrote:I have just finished (more or less) my new site called The Star Wars Podcast Network

It is a site to help and guide Star Wars podcasters as well as promote their podcasts. We aim to give Star Wars podcasters a place to communicate, get help and and interact with the rest of the Star Wars podcasting community.
I'd suggest using Joomla for your content site. There is an extension perfect for music/audio sites.
tswpn

Post by tswpn »

Ky wrote:
tswpn wrote:I have just finished (more or less) my new site called The Star Wars Podcast Network

I'd suggest using Joomla for your content site. There is an extension perfect for music/audio sites.
I would have used Joomla but it did not quite have everything I needed for the site.

And I did use Yahoo! SiteBuilder a bit, but I mostly coded it myself.
Ky

Post by Ky »

tswpn wrote:
Ky wrote:

I would have used Joomla but it did not quite have everything I needed for the site.

And I did use Yahoo! SiteBuilder a bit, but I mostly coded it myself.
This looks pretty useful for your site http://extensions.joomla.org/component/ ... Itemid,35/
tswpn

Post by tswpn »

Its not compatible with RSS (podcasts) and it costs money - I am on a budget of £0
tswpn

Post by tswpn »

The WAP version has also been launched now - go to the site to preview the WAP version.
sgdc

Post by sgdc »

Lol I think it looks good, but then again I have to say that :)
sgdc

Post by sgdc »

O btw have you finished the website yet?