My (Simple) Personal Site.

All the members having hosting their site on our servers can advertise their site here

NOTE :: All threads started here will appear only after the approval from SHAdmin.
barnes

My (Simple) Personal Site.

Post by barnes »

Normally I am the visual guy. Making graphics a bigger deal then the content, but today I coded a site fully in CSS and HTML. No PHP, no graphics, nothing.

So, how are my raw CSS and HTML skills? I'm going to start learning PHP soon, no more CMS'es. I'm sick of cheating.

Rapboy

Post by Rapboy »

hmm what i should i say. Is nice that u coded everything self,but it wouldnt heart if u had a nice background.
norulez

Post by norulez »

You can use CMS and then code some addon on the way you want.I think it's a lot faster and safer.
tswpn

Post by tswpn »

Although it's good so far, I think you should put more content on it, as most of the pages just read "Under Construction" :)
VIP

Post by VIP »

really simple. :lol:
insaneisenough

Post by insaneisenough »

Minimalist to the extreme. Yea really simple.
iPod Wizard

Post by iPod Wizard »

Yes, I love the simplicity of your site, and good job of coding it all too for your own site.
Freedom Fighter

Post by Freedom Fighter »

SUPER Simple but good job haha
Flipper3

Post by Flipper3 »

Pretty good site. You should move from Comcast to Smokyhosts. I started out with Comcast as my first place for files and I finally found Smokyhosts and my life has been the best since...I am working on starting a PHP RPG Game. Now to talk about your site...the menu doesn't look good on the left, it was hard to find, you need a theme or colors. For your very first coded by yourself, Job well done!
barnes

Post by barnes »

I did quite a a step up from my old site. I started a brand new one. Its on a new host. (Trap17, sorry if they are your competition. :) ) But still in HTML. I plan on adding a PHP commenting system for my blog type deal, PHP Nav system (blog.php?23122) and a PHP Photo Gallery for my Graphics and Photos, since those are my 2 biggest things I do these days.

Any suggestions on where to start for the Photo Gallery? The Nav system and Commenting system tutorials seem to be a dime a dozen.