Heads in Space Games, my first site

All the members having hosting their site on our servers can advertise their site here

NOTE :: All threads started here will appear only after the approval from SHAdmin.
canotopia

Post by canotopia »

not bad at all its pretty good keep up the good work :D

Canotopia coming soon!
kaos_frack

Post by kaos_frack »

is your background one big picture
or is repeating?
iPod Wizard

Post by iPod Wizard »

Its probably repeating, but who cares.. its a good site anyways.
kaos_frack

Post by kaos_frack »

another thing i noticed is that you have used red background
behind your text which is in red font
it makes it really difficult to read
also change the color of a:visited
(i hope you know what it is)
cos visited links are becoming almost invisible
Rapboy

Post by Rapboy »

nice try
goodjob for your first time.
tswpn

Post by tswpn »

kaos_frack wrote:another thing i noticed is that you have used red background
behind your text which is in red font
it makes it really difficult to read
also change the color of a:visited
(i hope you know what it is)
cos visited links are becoming almost invisible
I agree. I think this would push users away because trying to read light red font on a dark red background would hurt your eyes after a while. If I were you I would really consider changing it :)
Anterr

Post by Anterr »

well actually I don't liekte graphix of your site, try using better programs and not paint........
ColdSpirit

Post by ColdSpirit »

Go to http://www.w3schools.com/ and on that site is a lots of tutorials from html to php.. and you can try online! :)

it is a very good site to learn the basics of html or any other language!!
Join now on Second Life and build, explore, buy/sel land, exchange L$ for real money.. it is completely free so.. why are you waiting??

http://secondlife.com/ss/?u=9be8ae40712 ... e3d61364e4
jeremy90

Post by jeremy90 »

looks very small and not made well to me, the banner look like it was done in it paint, i suggest making a better banner that gets people attention more and looks better
breeze

Post by breeze »

jeremy90 wrote:the banner look like it was done in it paint, i suggest making a better banner that gets people attention more and looks better
Jeremy, it is quite a good website for a beginner, although it may seem rather primitive to us experienced ones.

Vonboy, maybe you should download a free image editing program like GIMP or something similar to it. Another thing is your gramma and spelling. Bad gramma and spelling can turn people off because it looks unprofessional and it is usually associated with people who are untrustworthy.

I suggest you at least learn most of HTML, as being uneducated in that area can hinder the progress of your site immensely. I'd reccoment (as stated above) http://www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp for learning HTML.

Also, as aforementioned, change the font colour in the table with the maroon background as it is quite hard to read. It would be worth it to investigate some roll-over effects for your links, or just change the colours from the default.

P.s. I could make you a template for your website for free if you want. E-mail me some details of the look and design, and I may be able to provide you with a design in a couple of weeks, depending on wether I encounter any problems with my other site that is currently in production.

-edit-

I have completed a layout for you if you want it, you can download it here:
http://www.breeze.thesmokylounge.com/space.zip

-end edit-
This is a message, a message from the all-mighty (me): You shall go here, you shall not complain: Breeze's Corner.