Use of Member Credits!

Any suggestions for the improvement of the site can be posted here.
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

Facebook uses GWallet for those surveys and such. You have an offer wall, and it enables your site to pick it's credits per $ amount. Let's say Smokyhosts decided on something like 500 credits per $1, which I would have $10 in points at the moment. If someone completed an offer.. the GWallet Affliate would pay the money for that person's credits.

So if I saw an offer which was equivelent to 5000 credits, when I completed the offer.. Smokyhosts would get paid $10 and I would be awarded the 5000 credits.

The GWallet System would actually enable people to pay for more than just Free Hosting Upgrades, but Reseller's Hosting, VPS, Domains and more. Smokyhosts would still get paid for everything there is to pay.. but the free users would get it all for free. It's like it's beneficial to both parties.

I'm thinking about going with GWallet, but I may end up having some questionable material on my website.. so I'm not 100% sure how all that will work out.

I'm going to go ahead and request a GWallet Account, once I check it out I will post back some more information. Hopefully this will catch SHAdmin's eye and him look into it himself.

Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
Freedom Fighter

Post by Freedom Fighter »

haha youa re so much beeter at sying it then me haha. but yea that would be perfect. Im not sure on the skill level needed for it to work but it doesnt seem to hard.
TheCrymsonLegends

Well my friend has implemented it successfully on his website. The skill level wouldn't be that high, I'm sure SHAdmin has what it requires in skill.

I guess we will see when he checks out the post.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Guys, thank you to sugges gwallet... I am looking into it.

BTW, we already had such a thing in the past, TheCrymsonLegends will be knowing it well as we used to have this bonus points system at http://www.smokyhosts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1918

The only reason it is currently inactive is i need to figure out what the members will do with the credits earned, otherwise it is not giving the members any motivation to participate into such stuff.
Freedom Fighter

Yea I kinda Assumed haha. Ive been thinking but really making money free is a had thing
to do haha. Ill start writing some ideas down for you and Im glad you liked the gwallet idea.
Because I did haha.
TheCrymsonLegends

Yeah I remember and that's why I kind of liked the GWallet concept, because it offers a lot of things in that aspect.

I have not personally checked much into GWallet, because they want my SSN and I choose not to give it to them. They wouldn't give me a reason why they needed it, so I just didn't get involved with it.

Of course for anyone outside the U.S. they don't require that information, so it should be alright.

GWallet also offers another type of thing, where members could actually buy credits with money. It would have to be a different credit system, one that you don't really gain with posting.. so that it's all paid for in advance and Smokyhosts isn't losing any money.

You get to choose what types of offers you show, I'd say Surveys and anything that the user doesn't actually have to purchase may be a better investment on the offer bar. Anything like trying out Netflix will bring more money, but will also kind of force members into possibly paying for something else.

I guess some people may think about it on a different level. "Hey I was looking into Netflix to begin with, if I could get free stuff from it.. I may go ahead and do it." All depends what types of members we get on the forums.

But as I said, GWallet would allow people to get any type of hosting, VPS or Reseller, and all that Smokyhosts has to offer from completing offers. Or doing work for other people and getting paid credits in return.

I think a few people would actually try hard enough to make enough to pay for a years worth of stuff in advance. Of course if they didn't make enough credits for the next year, then they would have it cancelled.

On the downside: If GWallet is put in place, it would require a lot from you, SHAdmin, especially since most the people who would use it wouldn't have a credit card. You may have to individually set up new webhosting packages. If you made a new system where they could pay with credits that would be great, but unfortunately VBulletin isn't integreated with your website. So I'm not sure how that would work.
Freedom Fighter

On that Note it wouldn't be to hard for cpanel or a billing system custom coded would
be able to read and write info tho the vb database and table that hosts the credit info. so it wouldn't be to hard if you hard a forum created in cpanel witch could connect your
cpanel account with your vb account.

this would take some work but is very possible.
I could also see cpanel accounts created from vb when account is created here.
tho thats not really usable here.
TheCrymsonLegends

No it isn't really that useful, although if the system was more automated. For instance, once someone got the required activity level, points, and posts they could go in and submit an account for authorization. Then all SHAdmin would have to do is **** Accept or Deny.

Then it could give notifications when someone falls below their Activity level as it does when you log in and you have not posted in a while. Seems rather difficult to implement, but could make things smoother.

I guess to implement the site around Vb would be a bit easy. Just got to make a log-in screen, use the database from Vb to access passwords and log-in names. Then you are good to go, then there could be a pay by credit option... would make things pretty much automated, giving the system was full-proof to prevent tampering and such.

I'm still awaiting to see if the idea is going to go through. Then I'd get to find out if GWallet is actually going to be useful on my website too. I just don't want to give them my SSN, which is the only thing that bothers me.