Delete inactive members

Any suggestions for the improvement of the site can be posted here.
Lixas

Post by Lixas »

As i wrote:
Lixas wrote:About this suggestion should decide SHadmin, not me and not u and not onyome else, except SHadmin.. How he will say, and that will be...

tanaka

Post by tanaka »

I'm glad you didn't delete me because I was absent for a while but I would register and start all over again if necessary. So I agree in cleaning up the memberlist a little bit.
L O L
darko

Post by darko »

well i was gone for a while, just came back. I was busy, and an email from shadmin reminded me, that i should post, anywasy, smokyhosts, even with almost 400 members, is still considered a small comunity comparing to other huge forums, let's take rsmforums for example, they have over 17000 memebrs and still there's only like 100 max, of actually active members, and i don't see what's wrong with lurking, signe up is free, and this forum has some good materials in it, and anybody would love to say that he's a part of our little community here, i know some people that actually "BUY", yes "BUY", pregesigned databases that have lots of memebrs, in it, just so that they can create the illusion, that the forum has good reputation. And i would just like to thank shadmin, for the great service that he offers, he's trully one of the best hosts i've been with, and bilieve, in my line of buisness, finding a good host, is hard

DARKO
cog7

Post by cog7 »

i dont think good idea, many ppl register and get their points that they want for hosting, then they might spend a month to fix up their site and they might not post and then they get disactivated can suck.
jeremy90

Post by jeremy90 »

but the inactive members could just read the posts, just no posting
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

Inactive members could also give away a false hope for potential members. If they see there are over 600 people who havn't even posted once, and who don't want to recieve hosting, the potential members could possibly turn away thinking that it isn't worth it. I can't remember where I posted but the statistics of this site and the members. I am with Lixas on this one because there is alot of dead members who havn't posted a single post and have had an account for nearly a year. To those who post atleast 20 with-in a 2 month time then sure let them stay.. because they are potientially able to return, but to those 600+ members who have never posted I believe it's a waste.

Thats my opinion and I'm sticking to it. The only reason I feel this way is because on my site which is a Clan Site I could say I have 60 members but if they are dead members then anyone who potentially joins will see the members are inactive and claim my clan isn't worth it since the members are dead. But Admin you have the floor, not a single person here has ran a Hosting Site so we wouldn't know the benefits of Inactive Members. So I will back your opinion up.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
breeze

Post by breeze »

I am in agreeance with Lixas and TCL on this one. Even though a member takes up little database space it still adds up quite a bit with over 600 inactive members. Every byte counts.
This is a message, a message from the all-mighty (me): You shall go here, you shall not complain: Breeze's Corner.
elicoten

Post by elicoten »

I think that really members should be given a few months to post. Members who haven't posted even once in three months (or whatever you think is a suitable time period). Members who have exactly one post get, maybe one year to post again and then look again at the figures and see how it looks and then make a decision whether or not to delete more members.
Kaky

Post by Kaky »

Do as you please :D but remeber this do not go "very" public with this as it may damage the rep of smokyhosts but again it will show that smokyhosts is a serious hosting company that has good reputation and iz has to keep it.

A funny picture -------> me , myself and i (too much for this world)
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

Anyone can look at the Members and see what I have found, so it's just possible to know that we don't have as many active members. But that's not SmokyHosts fault and people understand that. But why have 1000 Members which 75% are inactive instead of having 200 and having 100% Activity lol. But alot of people have Double Accounts which I think we should start cracking down on, and others come here and lose intrest in the site they wanted to make. Others are just too flippin lazy to post for something. They want everything free which I think is the major problem with today's society. Too lazy always wanting things given to them. Pitiful lol. Leave the members doesn't matter and it is true that we have gotten some members to come back from this but I believe there is a limit on how long we wait lol.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!