Delete inactive members

Any suggestions for the improvement of the site can be posted here.
Lixas

Delete inactive members

Post by Lixas »

Hi shadmin, i'm suggesting u to delete that pplz, who have registered here, but no posts in 1 month period since registration. Who need that users, free up the nicknames list (joking..) but u could delete them... It's just my opinion...

cprompt

Post by cprompt »

What's wrong with lurking?
Just because someone doesn't post, doesn't mean they dont read the forums.
If you're not registered you cant "read new posts since last login"
Your suggestion is a bit harsh and unfriendly.
Lixas

Post by Lixas »

..but, whatch this:

Code: Select all

ID                                 Nick                      Date joined   Posts   Points
 2   	 Send private message   	dazzly  	     	   	21 Dec 2004  	0  	0.0 points  	None
about this suggestion should decide SHadmin, not me and not u and not onyome else, except SHadmin.. How he will say, and that will be...
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Hi Lixas,
Seems to be quite a reasonable suggestion, but doing so will discourage members from recieving periodical updates that i mail them, which hopefully will remind them that a site named smokyhosts exists and that they are the members and might come back sometime. Infact if you look at the posts, there have been already 2 to 3 members who have come back in this manner, so i am just keeping that possibility open. Either ways having inactive members in the memberslist doesnt bother anybody nor does it harm the forum in any manner, still i shall consider your suggestion if something positive turns from doing so.
Lixas

Post by Lixas »

ok, i understand u, it's Your forum, and u are a king :!
mohammed

Post by mohammed »

I'm not with that suggestion , some members are forced not to log in forums , because of being busy or ill or whatever

and this , as SHADMIN said, will discourage members from registering in forums

the misssion is to increase the number of members , not to decrease it , i think

cheers
Lixas

Post by Lixas »

increasse forum's member list with inactive and uselless members ??? Noo...
mohammed

Post by mohammed »

well ,Lixas ..... what do you think when a visitor come to register in forums to find members' numer is 20?

the aim of any community is to increase members ......

and what about member's absence due to being busy or ill ?

I'm not with you at this point
Lixas

Post by Lixas »

then, i can increase (by registering new members and forget them...) this forum member list with useless users, with more than 10 a day :) joking, i dont do that, but i still hold my possition about deletion.

i'm not talking about deletion registered pplz, who have hosting accounts, and who have done more than 1 post after registration... I'm talking about that members, who have registered earlier, and dont have any posts after 1 month past registration...
mohammed

Post by mohammed »

well , ok
the decision is let between SHadmin hands.