Automatic rejection of Spam Posts

Any suggestions for the improvement of the site can be posted here.
MrAlex

Post by MrAlex »

There are it's own pros and cons.

Just another mod,
thats it.

Wont be back till Sunday!
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

It is kind of difficult to reject spam posts automatically because any type of system you use is still a computerized system and can be manipulated to get around. It is just like the curse sensors which can be worked around.

Normally I would be doing my job and clearing out all the spam posts but I have been busy with Military Training here in the past month and a half so it isn't very easy for me to get around to everything all the time. I am sure Lixas has a personal life which makes it hard for him also, but we do get around to what we can when we can.

According to my knowledge the only way moderators are decided on is through reporting posts.. I am giving anyone who may want to become one a hint.. also being active in suggestions which work and full posts instead of half written short posts. Take me for example: another hint. I didn't become moderator because I wanted to but because I was seen to be a good candidate. I've given this information out many times and people always want to help out but they do not aim to work for the job title.

Trust me I wish spam was gone but if it was then my job would be really boring lol. I check up when I can but I have already told SHAdmin what I am doing at this moment which impairs me to get on like I use to. I will try to check things and keep things out of the forums as much as I can but don't 100% count on it, they only give me about 1 - 1 1/2 hours of personal time here and I've got other things that need to be done in that time.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
delivi

Post by delivi »

there are some good online Spam filter service like Akismet, there is also a plugin for vBulletin here http://www.worldwidecreations.com/free_ ... _anti-spam

I'm using Akismet in my blog, I'vent got a single Spam post escaping from the Spam filter :)

this would solve the problem. and admin/ Moderater will have some burden lessened from their back
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

TheCrymsonLegends wrote:According to my knowledge the only way moderators are decided on is through reporting posts.. I am giving anyone who may want to become one a hint.. also being active in suggestions which work and full posts instead of half written short posts. Take me for example: another hint. I didn't become moderator because I wanted to but because I was seen to be a good candidate. I've given this information out many times and people always want to help out but they do not aim to work for the job title.
I have been trying to do that, but I can't find the report button recently. It used to be a single word that said "report". And the only reason I would want to be a moderator is to help keep SmokyHosts spam free.
[color]I check up when I can but I have already told SHAdmin what I am doing at this moment which impairs me to get on like I use to.[/color]
I have alot of free time at the moment, but only for the next year or so. As I'll be going to University and my time will be limited.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
Jason

Post by Jason »

Tails5 wrote:I have been trying to do that, but I can't find the report button recently. It used to be a single word that said "report".
The report button is this:
Attachments
report.jpg
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Thankyou very much. Now you've pointed it out, I can't see how I missed it before.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
iBye

Post by iBye »

My report post is a little sign up in the right corner of the post.
Tired of Newbies asking Questions? Tell them www.UseGoogleFFS.com