Suggestion: Tend to hosting account orders/requests promptly

Any suggestions for the improvement of the site can be posted here.
Xception

Suggestion: Tend to hosting account orders/requests promptly

Post by Xception »

What is the usual turnaround time here for setting up hosting accounts?

It should never take 48 hours or longer to setup a hosting account, perhaps you should enlist some volunteers or staff paid with hosting accounts so that you can make sure to tend to all new user requests within 24 hours. Otherwise it very quickly looks like things are dying out and users get turned off, or possibly even run off somewhere else to write a review complaining about how they did all their work and made all their posts but still haven't received their hosting account.

SHAdmin

Re: Suggestion: Tend to hosting account orders/requests prom

Post by SHAdmin »

Hi Xception, your new account is on its way
Xception

Post by Xception »

Awesome, thank you.
Please let me know if there's anything else I can do to help the community or staff here!
:)

Hey, maybe you could add a message about time-frame for setting up accounts on the main info thread, and then also add a priority request option to speed up the time where you have to pay with twice as many posts?
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

:)
Nice idea on that priority request one.

We had started implementing the rewards system and suddenly realised it may take time for such a plugin to come in the new PHPbb. Will just wait till then, may not be more than a couple of months.... and then we'll be flying with many new ideas. (including rewards for giving ideas ;) )
Xception

Post by Xception »

I have to say, things are pretty quick around here, especially for the price. I probably picked the worst day and time when I first registered and made my hosting account request.

I think 2-3 pricing options for speed of service provided would work great. Another way that might work to accomplish this could be to add another package where you'd actually have to pay $0.50, and you could auto-provision the account with WHMCS just like a paid account that way, but the user just pays $0.50 one time for the setup and continues their posting obligation.
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

I would rather prefer to keep free hosting members and paid ones separate, for business reasons.
RTpab

-

Post by RTpab »

I never get to see our main pile because Im always maging, but I feel like people tank longer than they should. 2-3 consecutive spear specs and its game over for most of the people out there.