Buy Points

Any suggestions for the improvement of the site can be posted here.

How many of you encourage to have this service?

I do
34%
I do
11%
I do
54%

Total votes: 35
Freedom Fighter

Post by Freedom Fighter »

I like the idea also but 1$ for 5 is kinda like paying for a host so somthing like 1 for 10 would be nice or higher would be better. But it really up to shadmin

TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

It's weird alot of people sometimes wait for me to make my decision before making thiers lol.

I have no clue how it will work, but SHAdmin is probably checkin over this, he does make his own PHPBB Scripts so it's nothing that will be done immediately if he decides to use the Idea. BTW If he uses it, he might not post on here giving you Credit, he forgot the person who made the Slogan lol, but he knows who you are and Proper Credit is Established.

Just because I am Assistant Admin doesn't mean I know what goes on, I live opposite sides of the World from SHAdmin but usually if I'm on board SHAdmin looks into it a bit more. IM ON BOARD :P.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
Freedom Fighter

Post by Freedom Fighter »

Haha I dont know crap about phpbb Im a e107 guy but good luck if he decides.
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

OK, Thank you all for this great idea.

Infact special thanks to 'Flipper3' - for initiating the idea and to get round the forum-inactivity period problem (coz this was my greatest fear of offering donation based hosting packages), 'TheCrymsonLegends' - to frame things in a more encouraging/meaningful manner.

This idea seems to be making more sense now, that people can actually just post to get basic hosting resources, and otherwise pay/donate to get professional hosting resources. Infact since smokyhosts.com doesnt either ways offer any paid shared hosting packages, this will actually have more meaning on smokyhosts.com than anywhere else. I sure will consider this idea now (and hey 'Flipper3' you have a treat from me for this idea--will give/annouce the treat as soon as this is implemented).

Will soon begin working on implementing it. Meanwhile everyone may continue sharing their comments and opinions out here.
TheCrymsonLegends

Well Flipper, :).. There you have it :D. You've managed to come up with an idea and also work around the things that might not of worked to come up with an idea he will use :D.

Congradulations and hope to see this thing working :).
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
barnes

Post by barnes »

SHadmin wrote:Hey, seems to be a great idea. I was just holding up my word here to check how many members might actually be intrested!
Regardless, I belive that your effort of adding it will pay off. There are many impatient people who are willing to pay.

Odds are, I won't pay, though I did start work this morning...
Flipper3

Post by Flipper3 »

SHadmin wrote:OK, Thank you all for this great idea.

Infact special thanks to 'Flipper3' - for initiating the idea and to get round the forum-inactivity period problem (coz this was my greatest fear of offering donation based hosting packages), 'TheCrymsonLegends' - to frame things in a more encouraging/meaningful manner.

This idea seems to be making more sense now, that people can actually just post to get basic hosting resources, and otherwise pay/donate to get professional hosting resources. Infact since smokyhosts.com doesnt either ways offer any paid shared hosting packages, this will actually have more meaning on smokyhosts.com than anywhere else. I sure will consider this idea now (and hey 'Flipper3' you have a treat from me for this idea--will give/annouce the treat as soon as this is implemented).

Will soon begin working on implementing it. Meanwhile everyone may continue sharing their comments and opinions out here.
Wow! I haven't been online for a little while(punished :cry: ) and this is awesome. I know that I will be willing to donate some to get this once I get my church's website up! Yay! I get a treat for this too! (I want a cookie! :wink: Thanks TheCrymsonLegends, hopefully this will expand Smokyhosts to reach 1,000 members!

barnes, I am one of those impatient people. :wink:
iPod Wizard

Post by iPod Wizard »

Flipper3 wrote:
SHadmin wrote:OK, Thank you all for this great idea.

Wow! I haven't been online for a little while(punished :cry: ) and this is awesome. I know that I will be willing to donate some to get this once I get my church's website up! Yay! I get a treat for this too! (I want a cookie! :wink: Thanks TheCrymsonLegends, hopefully this will expand Smokyhosts to reach 1,000 members!

barnes, I am one of those impatient people. :wink:
Punished, haha lolz...I might be able to donate too (and hope that your church website is good enough for the people in your community), and only 25 members to go to reach 1,000 members as of this post w00t! Smokyhosts rocks!

- iPod Wizard
TheCrymsonLegends

I don't do anything except handle ground work, get idea's, turn people's requests down, stuff like that.

Many suggestions go through this section and alot of them are turned down because they just don't have any substantial reasoning behind this. You have fortunately turned this around and created a great idea with a way to maintain our current packaging. I hope to see Smokyhosts reach it's 1000 Members but unfortunately do not believe all 1000 of them are still around. But it's a great number to reach to. :D.

The cookie, which this one is oreo, is all yours. I ran out of Chips Ohoy!. Sorry, lol.

Once this is up and fully functional we will be happy to recieve donations and hopefully create a place to thank those who Donate properly :D.
iPod Wizard

Post by iPod Wizard »

Yeah, and how about we do the opposite and use our points for dollars? Like for every 150 Points you have, you get $1...or 200 Points = $1, something like that...lolz, j/k...

And I'll take that last Oreo thank you very much. *Munches on it* *Picks up and Eats the crumbs*. I'll take any more cookies if any of you have some...