Buy Points

Any suggestions for the improvement of the site can be posted here.

How many of you encourage to have this service?

I do
34%
I do
11%
I do
54%

Total votes: 35
elicoten

Post by elicoten »

Personally I don't have a strong view, as long as SmokyHosts doesn't slowly turn into a paid host only, and the forums don't get abandoned. I probably would be unlikely to buy points, but sounds like a good idea in theory.

iPod Wizard

Post by iPod Wizard »

I would maybe buy points only if I was really lazy to even post anymore. So in all I think it's a pretty good idea for the people that want hosting...but this site shouldn't turn into one of those on-the-paid hosting side just like elicoten said.
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

STATEMENT WITHDRAWN - I AM SORRY TO ANYONE WHO IT MIGHT OF OFFENDED!
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
thermal

Post by thermal »

Well, paid hosting is quite cheap now.. if somebody has a little extra money to spare, then any host will do. Anyway, I voted a "yes" to see what happens.
tswpn

Post by tswpn »

It sounds like a great idea, but, as I currently have a buget of £0, I would not actually buy points.
CrazyGothicChick

Post by CrazyGothicChick »

I voted yes. I think it's a good idea but that might make it too easy for people. If someone buys points they should have to make an extra post or something to make it a little more fair. I like donating money to good hosts so this would give a nice way to do it but I don't know it just seems a little unfair.
TheCrymsonLegends

I believe my previous post was a bit outrageous and I am sorry to anyone I may of offended.

I have thought about it and Feel it possibly could be a good Idea, would help get more posts but the money to point ratio would have to be fair enough so that you dont spend $10 and have hosting where you dont have to post anything for a whole year lol. But I am not agreeing with it, the Donations would get most the attention and the ads wouldn't be able to draw in enough money.

If the forums would be continually posted on, and drawing in revenue then I would agree to it, but I just dont feel that donate for hosting would be acceptable for a Post to Host service. If he was to bring in Donate to host some people may see this site as not up to standards. Trust me when it comes to looking at a host who offers free hosting you look at alot of things such as how many members do they have?, are thier forums being posted on frequently so that I can have things to post to raise my points?, does it seem suitable that it will last for a while? All these questions go through the minds of those who build websites for a bigger reason than just personal.

If there is a place to donate that would look like a Flaw in the eyes of those people and would give a false statement saying they can't get enough revenue to supply actual free hosting. But that's just my opinion, I will go with it either way. I am just here to sumbit negitive thoughts into the minds of children, men, and women alike! :D.. Just give this a thought though.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
Flipper3

Post by Flipper3 »

TheCrymsonLegends wrote:I believe my previous post was a bit outrageous and I am sorry to anyone I may of offended.

I have thought about it and Feel it possibly could be a good Idea, would help get more posts but the money to point ratio would have to be fair enough so that you dont spend $10 and have hosting where you dont have to post anything for a whole year lol. But I am not agreeing with it, the Donations would get most the attention and the ads wouldn't be able to draw in enough money.

If the forums would be continually posted on, and drawing in revenue then I would agree to it, but I just dont feel that donate for hosting would be acceptable for a Post to Host service. If he was to bring in Donate to host some people may see this site as not up to standards. Trust me when it comes to looking at a host who offers free hosting you look at alot of things such as how many members do they have?, are thier forums being posted on frequently so that I can have things to post to raise my points?, does it seem suitable that it will last for a while? All these questions go through the minds of those who build websites for a bigger reason than just personal.

If there is a place to donate that would look like a Flaw in the eyes of those people and would give a false statement saying they can't get enough revenue to supply actual free hosting. But that's just my opinion, I will go with it either way. I am just here to sumbit negitive thoughts into the minds of children, men, and women alike! :D.. Just give this a thought though.
You have a good point there, but maybe there can be that you can only use 10 donated points a month? Or with points that you received through donating you can get add-ons to your free hosting account, like more bandwidth, space, etc.
TheCrymsonLegends

Hey now that sounds pretty cool, but he would need to add in a new cash mod to split up Posted Points and Donation Points. You would still have to make the Posted Points to keep your hosting but your Donation Points could do as you say pay for upgrades.. I like your thinking. It would keep the people searching for suitable hosts intrested and allow easier point earnage for those who need more space. :D.. Sounds great to me.. Im on board!! :P
iPod Wizard

Post by iPod Wizard »

Also sounds like a good idea to me too! I'm on board w/ TheCrymsonLegends also.